Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Michael Atkinson, gamers, bikies and talking up a good paranoid game on Good Game


Meanwhile, in a galaxy, far far away ... or is that a incomprehensible, uncomprehending universe? Cold, remote and distant?

How did you guess? Yep it's South Australian Attorney-General Michael Atkinson, and this time he's turned up on the ABC show Good Game, which you can find here, and download as a podcast.


The question is, does Atkinson pose greater risks to Mike Rann than gamers, bikies and even Michelle Chanetelois all put together?

He (Atkinson) is being challenged at the state election by a candidate from the new political party Gamers4Croydon.

"I have no evidence to say that (hate material) has been circulated by members of Gamers4Croydon - I don't know who sends me this filthy material but I get my electorate office email spammed, about 2 o'clock in the morning I had a threatening note from a gamer shoved under my door," Mr Atkinson told the program.

Strange how he knew it was a gamer, and not a bikie, but I guess when your Darth Vader and in touch with the dark side, you can have these psychic visions. Not that the bikies aren't a threat as well:

"I feel that my family and I are more at risk from gamers than we are from outlaw motorcycle gangs, who also hate me and are running a candidate against me.

"The outlaw motorcycle gangs haven't been hanging around my doorstep at 2am - a gamer has."

The wags at The Advertiser are currently running a poll asking which group is more dangerous, bikies or gamers.

Naturally I voted for the gamers - they're so fierce as they sit around their screens, so used to head stomping and eviscerating and obliterating in their virtual world - and was astonished to find that only 22% agreed with me and Michael Atkinson, while a solid 78% had voted for the bikies as more dangerous!

Oh cruel, strange bizarre Adelaide. Gamers are storming the Atkinson barricades and you treat it as a joke.

Come to think of it, perhaps that's why I prefer this image from Good Game of the Attorney-General.

Go gamers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments older than two days are moderated and there will be a delay in publishing them.